Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's official......I'm old

I've always been a person who looked forward to birthdays. I never had a problem with them or the idea of growing older. My 30th birthday came and went and I felt no different, 31 was easy, 32...no problem, 33...a piece of cake. Now, in two days I am turning 34. I'm having a problem with that.

I think it has to do with a number of factors all fusing together right now.

First off I was sick for a whole month this May. That has resulted in me just feeling lazy and tired a lot.

Second, for the last three years there have always been students at my work and they were the ones I talked to. Now, they have all left and I miss them terribly. I miss that aspect of my personality that was brought out when my youngins were around. They made me smile. Since they have all left I have to act my age which is no fun.

Third, I am quite aware that as I enter my 34th year it is closer to mid-30's and eventually my 40's and as young as I might feel 40 is old...there's no other way of looking at it.

So, I am finally here. I am a full-fledged grown up.......and I hate it.

No comments: