Monday, February 11, 2008

Winter

I have discovered something about myself lately.....I like winter! I don't ski or snowboard and I hate to skate, but I really do like winter. As bad as this winter has been I don't have this desire to get away from it. And it's not like I've been hiding away in my house from it. Every other day the kids and I are walking to school and the trip to school for my two is literally uphill both ways! But I've enjoyed it.
I think what makes a big difference is that I am not commuting in the snow. When I had to commute to Toronto every day for work winter used to stress me out. To see snow on the forcast used to do me in because I knew it meant waking up an hour to fight all of the traffic.
I know there are people that hate the cold weather. That's not me. I am very much warm blooded. If anything I can get sick of the summer. I'm not into sweating. hee, hee!
And some people might say I'm only saying this because I know I have a cruise coming up in a month's time, but I assure I am really not looking forward to putting on summer clothes while I still have my "February fat". (That's a quote from "Mystery, Alaska"). I can't wait to be with my family for a while week and I can't wait for the experience of a cruise, but I could have handled it any time of the year. It didn't have to be the winter.
So, now I'm wondering if I will be playing the same tune in April when we there will still be snow falls. We will just have to see!

No comments: