Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Anger Song

So, my friend was making an "angry playlist" and asked me for some suggestions. I gave her some and then started thinking about what my favourite angry songs are. I knew it would be based on lyrics more than sounds because, well I am a fan of words. I am fan of the idea that you can put words together and through that you can express feeling. And how someone can use those words to express their own feelings, but in return express the exact same feelings of a complete stranger. I think I am daily amazed by that fact.

Anyway, back to the anger......

Here is my favourite (if you can call it that) angry song. It's not loud or hard, but to me the lyrics are powerful. Mostly because we've all been there. We've all wanted to say to someone, "You fucked up.". It's a rant and it's a good one. So, I thought I would share with all of you. And if you haven't heard of this guy you need to.


"You've Got You" - by Eric Hutchinson

I've got a bone to pick with you and this opportunity
i couldn't live this down enough to make up for you and me
i feel a swelling in my soul i've been choking up inside
i'd bite my tongue just for your sake but i'd swallow too much pride

and who will be sorry first who will be sorry first
and if you won't be the one to budge i can tell what i am worth
and you've got you to blame for what you do to you
there's nothing shocking so it must be true
and let me set this record straight on the drama you create before you go and turn your back on me

i've got a lot to pay you back i've been saving up for years
i'm gonna break you into two now who's gonna hear your tears
i've been the friend you never had now you'll never have me back
i bear a witness to your faults and that line's severely cracked

and who will be sorry first who will be sorry first
and if you won't be the one to budge i can tell what i am worth
and you've got you to blame for what you do to you
there's nothing shocking so it must be true
and let me set this record straight on the drama you create before you go and turn your back on

you're gonna live your life and stay on your side
you're not ashamed to try you're more afraid of why
this bridge is burning now it's caving in
we're never gonna win we'll run in circles till we fall in line

and who will be sorry first who will be sorry first
and if you won't be the one to budge I can tell what I am worth

No comments: