Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Women!

Last night Joe and I went to see "Wanted". First off.....amazing!!!! It totally satisfied the tomboy in me who can appreciate a good action movie. But this blog entry isn't really about that.
While we were waiting for the movie to start I was doing the thing I always do.....judging everyone who walks in on whether they will be a "talker" or not. This woman walked in who caught my eye. Right away she looked like someone who was in the wrong theatre. She was probably in her 60's, frumpy and just completely out of place among the rest of the theatre which consisted mostly of men in their early 20's and their dates. Then, just as the lights were going down, two more women sat down beside her who look pretty much just like her. I leaned over to Joe and said, "They do not know what they're coming to see. They are not going to like this movie.".
Okay, lets fast-forward to the end of the movie where I am walking out of the theatre with the massive crowd. I am just about to say to Joe, "I loved that! It was amazing! Did I laugh too loud at the exploding rat part?", when behind me I hear "Well, that was a complete waste of money!". I turned around to see where it was coming from and who was standing behind me? Yup, the three ladies out for a girl's night to see a movie.
I actually started to laugh at this point. This woman kept going on and on about the faults of the movie. I was so tempted to turn around and say to her:
"Lady, I knew from the moment you walked into the theatre that you weren't going to like this movie. It was an action movie. It was a graphic action movie. And if you couldn't have figured that out within the first five minutes it's your own fault that your money was wasted. You should have got up, went to the ticket booth and exchanged your tickets for "Sex and the City" which is where you belonged."
But I didn't say that. Instead, I just happily laughed away as I walked to my car. Still high from seeing a great movie.

No comments: